Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Yep, still here and breathing.

My apologies to anyone out there who still reads our blog. I have not forgotten the web address or how to long in to create a new post, I am just living in the land of using my iPhone for all my web surfing and email reading and thus, have not gotten on our laptop for a long time and according to my last post, since Thanksgiving!!

Life is good, busy and full of many new things. Porter is 11 months old today and is just the cutest thing ever. He has had a rough few last months as he has had a couple of fevers, cold that turned to a ear infection that then turned in to bronchialitis. So very drugs and inhaler treatments later and he is still not fully better. Being a baby in Oregon in the cold rainy weather is hard work but he is a trooper and still very cute.

I keep telling him soon, in the next week or so, we hope, he will be the "big" boy cousin to Jana and JJ's son, Finn. I explain how he will have to show Finn how to do everything and he won't be the "baby" anymore. (Although, he will still be my baby.) Why do they have to grow up so fast? He is getting closer and closer to walking but still remains toothless. Just tonight for the first time, we saw a glimmer of the pearly whites that are just starting to cut in. Yippee! My kid might get teeth finally.

Porter loves to flip the pages in his pictures books and is fascinated by all the animals, especially dogs, cats, fish and the one wallaby! He points at it every time he turns to that page. He is a lot of fun and loves to watch out our front window at all the cats that live across the street and points at them. He also loves our dogs and loves to let Lucy like his fingers.

AJ is doing well and is an amazing dad. Last weekend he took Porter and his dad to an exotic animal expo up in Hillsboro. I got to stay home and watch 5 episodes of Grey's Anatomy on Netflixs. I think it was a win-win situation for both of us!

Sorry no pictures on this post, just more of a catch up and let you know we are still around and our new house didn't swallow us whole. We are still in the middle of finishing up some remodeling, thus why I have not posted pictures. Who wants to see backer board as my kitchen back splash anyways? Not all that pretty but I have grown accustomed to it. So in the near future, no promise of a certain date, I will do an amazing before and after post of our new house and all that we have done to it. You will be amazed!

That's it for now. If you are reading this, thank you for sticking with us. I will try to be better about posting but again, life with a toddler, working part-time, maintaining my sanity and all the other million things I do and all other mom's do, my blog seems to be at the bottom of the list sometimes. My hope is to be better about it but I can't guarantee anything right now.

Still breathing. Deep breathe.

Good night.

3 comments:

Red said...

Great new post! I like hearing about things Porter is doing, etc!

Christy said...

Even though I see you at hearts every week and know you are alive, its good to see a new post. Can't wait to see pictures of the before and after!

thedebackerfam said...

Yea! I see you all the time but I still love reading about your life. And you're right...Porter is REALLY CUTE!
Lori