Friday, December 2, 2011

A fun birthday lunch

On the last day of the month my friend Lauren took me out to lunch as the start of my birthday celebration. We have a bi-annual tradition where we take each other out for a birthday lunch. Her birthday is in May and mine is in December so we get to do lunch at least twice a year! And our favorite place to go is Wild Pear in downtown Salem. I honestly don't think I have ever been to that restaurant without Lauren. Yummy Yummy food and a great little cozy vibe to the place. We only had a lunch break but it was pretty divine as we were both without our kids and could talk and enjoy what the other person was saying without the interruption of a sippy cup being hurtled past us or a loud "Mommy" int interrupting our conversation. We love our kids and Lauren's son Cooper is 5 weeks older than Mags (they are super cute together) but we love the rare occasion to catch up on life. It was good. Not only was it good food but it was good food for the soul.

Thank you, Lauren, for the great kick off to my birthday week/weekend celebration! We really should try to do that more often. 

No comments: