Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Inn at Otter Crest

This is the view of Otter Bay out our window.
This is one of the many little tide pools we saw at Yaquina. Very vivid and bright colored anenomes and starfish.

After we came back from Sunriver, we left most of our stuff packed and I worked for two days and then we repacked our bags for a trip to the coast with AJ's family. Off we drove to the Inn at Otter Crest just north of Newport. We had a very relaxing trip and watched movies on the big screen every night with the projector JJ brought and then during the day we went to the Outlet Mall, Newport, the tide pools, the lighthouse at Yaquina, the Rogue Brewery or the movies. One thing that the DeBacker's say on their vacations is that you do not have to do anything you don't want to do. So, some or all of us did a variety of the above mentioned activities and if you just wanted to lay around and watch TV all afternoon while everyone else was out shopping or drinking some ale, I could! I didn't feel the least bit guilty as AJ and I both got sick and had those nasty winter colds that everyone has. We had a lot of fun but after being gone two weekends in a row, AJ and I were glad to have our own bed back. I was happy to see my dogs again!

No comments: