Sunday, January 27, 2008

A wonderful weekend off!

It is Sunday evening and I am in my pajamas in bed with my cozy pink blanket, laptop, dogs and my lastest People magazine and I had a fantastic weekend. My sister came to visit me this weekend from Medford and we had a lot of fun and just a great time catching up as girls without our husbands. AJ had class at OSU all weekend and Tobin had to work all weekend at the hospital so it was a perfect weekend for us to catch up. My sister, Christy, drove up here Friday night and Saturday we spent the entire day doing whatever we felt like and had no set schedule. It was nice.

Here is how our day went. Ate breakfast, took our time getting ready, cleaned out my closet(she loves hand-me-downs from my closet), organized AJ's closet(not sure why but I felt like it needed it right then), ordered pizza and headed over to Andy and Ruth's for an impromptu lunch. We hung out with them for a while and then took Gracie and Benjamin to the carousel and then shopping for a little bit. It was fun to hang out with them and give Mom and Dad a little break. After we took them home, we headed to Portland to do real Christy and Maryanne shopping! Our mission was find a bridesmaid dress for Christy for a wedding she is in in May.

Off we headed to Nordstrom Rack in Beaverton, only to not find it and finding ourselves headed to downtown. We were okay with that and were quite happy after we left Nordstrom Rack with a bagfull of deals each. Then we headed to Washington Square to return something at Nordstroms, and start our hunt for a dress. No such luck on the dress hunt but maybe a couple of possible options. I, of course, found a few thing to add to my look. So then we left the mall and headed down to Trader Joe's in Lake Oswego and stocked Christy up on items her and Tobin have fallen in love with and can't get as there isn't a Trader Joe's in Medord. Oh and mind you, it rained all day Saturday. So each trip to a new store or parking space was a mad dash in between raindrops.

After Trader Joe's we had one more stop at Bridgeport and the Container Store as my mom wanted me to pick something up for her there. She just loves that store and they don't have one in Bend. So we wandered around the Container Store, bought our few items and dashed back to the car. It was now 8pm and we hadn't had dinner yet. We had seen a Baja Fresh across the street and headed over there only to be drawn to the Qdoba Mexican Grill instead. It is like a Chipotle where you create your own burrito or taco or tostada. We both got burritos and loved each and every bite of them.

Well, our night came to a close as we climbed back in the car for one last trip back to Salem. Upon arrival at home, we showed AJ our finds for the day and then hung out before bed and then crashed. Today we had planned on church in Portland, lunch and then come home and Christy would take off. Church was good and we tried a new restaurant on Hawthorne called the Bread and Ink and it was fantastic. Then on our way home AJ wanted to stop at Frys so we did. We got home, packed Christy up and off she went to Medford.

We had amazing conversation, lots of laughter, made some wonderful memories and found some remarkable deals! I am so glad my sister came to visit. She may not be as it took her 7 hours to drive home today after she left Salem, but once she gets home, I am sure she will be glad then that she came. She even has tomorrow off as the clinic she works at has already decided to close for the day tomorrow as there has been quite a bit of snow in Medford and southern Oregon today. Whew, what a weekend!

No comments: