Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Salem Baby Shower

The lovely cake!



Hannah Enns made all these wonderful homemade candies in molds! They were amazing!




My good friends Cindy Howard and Erin Molyneaux.



Shannon Campbell and I. She has rock star hair that I want! Love her color!



Jennifer Henderson, my wonderful friend and the one I ask all the random pregnancy and mothering questions of! (Try to ignore my double chin, ugh.)


Lavere, my coworker is on left, Susan is in the middle and cohosted the shower with Jana and Lauren. They all did a fabulous job and the shower was fantastic.




The last Saturday in January was a baby shower and I had bought a very fun little black dress on Gap online clearance and a new pair of purple heels just for the occasion. It was so much fun to get dressed up and shave my legs! You can tell I am the pregnant one as I am wearing a sleeveless dress and everyone else is still in normal winter wear. It was a beautiful sunny day and not very warm, but I always am on the warm side of things nowadays!



Jana, Lauren and Susan all decided to combine efforts and throw one bigger shower and we could invite all to it and enjoy the afternoon together. About 40 people were there. It was so much fun and I wish I had had a good hour to sit and chat with each person there. My sister's mother in law who we are good friends with as well, came all the way from Trout Lake, WA to celebrate with me as well as my good friend from high school in Bend and another good friend from Eugene. AJ also attended OSU this last year and a half in a graduate program and some of his cohort members came as well! Many wonderful ladies from all my various walks of life.


And let me tell you, AJ and I feel blessed. God has given us such wonderful families, friends and people in our lives who we are so thankful for. We were blessed with many wonderful gifts and fun things for our baby boy, it was a good kind of overwhelming. Our son is definitely going to be a very well dressed kid. One of my friends told me I was going to have to step up my own game to keep up with my super stylish child!



All in all, I had a lot of fun and I was glad for each person there! Thank you all for blessing AJ and I and Baby DeBacker!

No comments: