Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mother's Day 2009



My first ever Mother's Day as a mom was wonderful. When I woke up AJ asked me if I would like doughnuts for breakfast so he went and got me doughnuts and strawberry milk, my fave. Then when he came back I went downstairs to get something and he had gotten me these orange gerbera daisies the night before. They were beautiful. My parents also sent me a card that I opened that morning from them. It was great.
Then AJ told me I could go get a pedicure which he knows I love and live for! So this last weekend while he watched Porter on a Saturday morning, I went and got my toes done and loved every minute of it.
Then later that evening when we were eating dinner with Al and Lori had a card and gift for me and so I opened the gift and they had gotten me diamond earrings as Lori had said that whoever gives birth to her grandchildren someday she would give them diamond earrings as it is a lot of work building the baby in pregnancy and then birthing them once they decide to come out. So she gave me mine on Mother's Day which was very fitting and wonderful.
It was nice to be appreciated as a Mother and made me appreciate my mom and AJ's mom and all they did for us as babies, kids, teenagers and now adults! We love our moms and our families and are so thankful they get to be a part of Porter's life now.
Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. We deserve every day to be Mother's Day but it is nice to have a day set aside for us when we are to be extra appreciated!
Add Image

No comments: