Friday, July 3, 2009

Jeep Lover

Many of you may know that I am a huge fan of Jeep Wranglers. Never had owned one, but still dream about owning one someday. It isn't the most practical family car or very gas economical, but put a lift on it, get some huge knobby tires and take the top off and I am in car heaven!

Yes, I have gotten to drive a Jeep on various occasion. The best time was while we were on our Caribbean cruise, we landed in Cozumel Mexico and we went on an excursion which was driving Jeeps around the island. It was a perfect day with the wind in our hair and snorkeling. Ahhh the life of vacation! Anyways, no they aren't a luxury ride, but something about their ruggedness and build makes me just love them. This has been a long time obsession, really since high school.

Anyways, needless to say, when we found out we were going to have a baby, regardless of the sex, I went to my favorite website: www.allthingsjeep.com and started looking at any kind of baby Jeep stuff they had. I dreamt of getting our baby a cute Jeep outfit or the Jeep kid books etc. But when I saw the baby Jeep walker, I knew our child would have to have that! I didn't buy it then and I even held off once we found out we were having a boy.

But then now that Porter is 14 pounds and loves to stand on his legs, I figured it would be an appropriate time to get it for him. No, he can't really walk in it but we put him in it last night after Uncle JJ helped me put it together and Porter loved it. He looks around and smiles and laughs. He is the same level as the dogs too which just fascinate him. He also can stand which is really his most favorite position by far. Aunt Jana even commented on how long he lasted in it and never really got fussy.

So maybe someday my little boy will be a Jeep lover like his mom! For now, he looks pretty cute in his little Jeep walker.




4 comments:

Red said...

That is cute and I love the color...red! =)

Jennifer said...

OH man that's fun stuff! Love it!

Millers' Memorable Milestones said...

Way cool, Maryanne...so neat that he enjoys it! Love, Mom and Grandma

Millers' Memorable Milestones said...

By the way the age and position of Porter in the Jeep reminded me of some of the baby pictures I sent you in the jumpseat...you might want to compare yours to his. Love Mom