Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Porter's 1st Birthday in Bend

Porter turned 1 on April 3rd. We went to visit my parents the last weekend of March and they wanted to celebrate Porter's birthday that weekend so my dad and mom made him an amazing train cake! We had fun singing to Porter and my dad helped him blow out his 1st candle ever!

My parents are amazing. My dad is a tour guide in Washington DC and travels for many weeks starting in March through June. My mom works full time and helps get my dad ready for each of his trips. This particular weekend, my dad flew home on Friday and as soon as he got home, he jumped right in to making Porter's cake. My mom is the prep chef for my dad. She bakes the cakes, makes and colors the frosting and does all the clean up! My mom showed me a picture progression of their kitchen and dining room how it went from messy to even messier. Then to clean again! It was a labor of love and yummyness. Here are some pictures.



1 comment:

Red said...

I love it!!! I don't think I realized they made a cake!!! So much fun!! Too cute how he starts clapping at the end!