Monday, April 9, 2012

Nostalgic

I don't consider myself nostalgic. I do have a bunch of stuff that I can't seem to part with each time we move but it isn't for nostalgic reasons. I think I may use it again someday. Anyways, not the point of my post.

I had no problem letting my sister in law and my best friend borrow and use my baby clothes. I am done having kids and look forward to passing them to my sister someday but in the mean time, it makes me happy others are able to use them. We all know babies don't wear out their clothes in those first months of life and with doting grandparents, my children do justice in wearing all those clothes they had enough. I hung on to maybe one or two item, like the outfit Porter wore to his bris. But the rest, please use!

Where an I going with this?

Well, I have a sweatshirt and a fleece jacket my mother-in-law bought me the week we spent at Dornbecker's with Maggie. It was one of my requests that she happily fulfilled. I had some clothes but that week I needed something new. Something cheery and something pink to remember my sweet baby girl by. I felt huge (remember the valet guy at the ER thought I was in labor and offered me a wheelchair!), I felt ugly and I felt sad.

I am very nostalgic with those two items of clothing. Each time I wear them, I am reminded of the blessing God gave to me. I am reminded of my sweet baby and her fight for life. I am reminded how people near and far prayed and prayed and surrounded us in prayers. I am reminded how a simple gesture as a new item of clothing blessed me. I am reminded no matter what our offering may be, God can use it in ways we don't know.

I am a bit nostalgic, I guess.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Awww....you little sap. Next time I see you in that I'm going to tackle you with a hug.