Saturday, May 5, 2012

We did it!

Jana loves to sign up for 5K's and then she invites us to do them with her. This weekend we said yes to run in the Mama Baby Haiti fundraiser 5K. JJ, Jana, AJ and I all wanted to run, so we asked 'Nammie and Doopa' if they wanted to walk it with the kids in strollers and they graciously accepted.

Let me give you a little history. Last year, I had Maggie in January and Jana wanted to run the Starlight Run in June. I said yes but didn't really work at getting in shape. But I am not one to back down and we ran/walked the race in 48 minutes. My sister could have ran circles around me, but she was a gracious and encouraging cheerleader.

Fast forward to this year and we are all signed up for the Starlight Run again and I have said my goal was to beat our time last year and I would love it if we did it in 30 minutes which is obtainable but the last mile of this run is uphill, so I will be okay if we run the whole thing and in less than last year.

Anyways, back to today. Jana and I ran together and kept a good pace and ran the whole time. It was Jana's first 5K of running the whole time! No walking. And we rocked it! Well, rocked it for us. 33 minutes and we were the first girls to finish! Okay, okay, there was maybe 15 people who ran or walked it but still, it felt good.

Bring on the Starlight Run!!

1 comment:

Millers' Memorable Milestones said...

Just saw this today...Congratulations~!!!