Sunday, June 3, 2012

We did it again!

It has been a year since the four of us (Christi K., Christy R., Jana and myself) did the Starlight Run. We added a new team member, Sarah Case, a good friend of all of ours who lives in Portland and just had a baby in January.

It is a fun girls night out and we get to eat dinner together, run and watch some of the parade and just hang out. We had a blast!

Here is a bit of history. Sarah and I ran this race together in June of 2003. She had just moved to Portland and I was getting married in a month and we loved running, so we signed up for it. Fast forward to June 2011 and I ran it after having a baby 5 months prior and it was hard, but my teammates were encouraging and we finished in 48 minutes. I was hoping for 45; close enough.

My goal this year was to beat last years time and run the whole way. We walked a little bit last year.

2012- Sarah joined us and she just had a baby 5 months ago and we all ran the whole thing, even up the last hill which is pure torture and finished in 36 minutes! Goal accomplished!

Everyone rocked it! We dressed up in our 80's attire as the theme was Rock 'N Roll and had a great time.

Now, what should our goal for next year be? Hmmm....

(Photo credit: Christi Kurtz)

No comments: