Monday, February 4, 2008

Happy February!

I just can't believe the whole first month of 2008 is already over. Time has been flying and in reality, we are counting the days down to AJ's Spring Break and the DeBacker family cruise. We are so excited and looking forward to some sun in March and a nice break from all the bleak gray weather we have been having. I definately miss my winters in Bend where I grew up and all the crisp cold days, maybe snow but BLUE sky and sun!

Right now AJ and I have opposite weekends. He goes to school all day Friday and Saturday on the weekends I have off. And then when I work all day Saturday, AJ is home doing homework. It works well for him because then he can get a lot done but for me, I miss seeing him. Such is the life we will most likely be living for the next 3 years as he wants to go on and get his phD. He is so smart!

So, I have taken to working out more. We joined the Courthouse Athletic club here in Salem and I have been working out and taking classes and getting in shape. My hopes are (if I write them I guess I will really have to do them) to participate in the Pole Pedal Paddle in May in Bend with my sister and then my highest hopes are to run/walk the Portland Marathon in October. I figure I better before I get much older.

That is life for us right now. Work, school, eat, sleep, work out, homework and every once in a while something fun. And most importantly counting the days down to our cruise and even better than that, springing our clocks ahead and slowly seeing our days stay lighter later!

1 comment:

M. said...

Hi Maryanne! My mom sent me your link - great to read about what's going on with you. I'm glad all is well and can't believe how long it's been since I've seen you!