Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I passed!!!

Last Wednesday I took my Property/Casualty Insurance State Licensing Exam and after 150 grueling questions, I passed! I was so excited and relieved that it was over. I had been studying for three weeks straight on my lunch breaks and going to bed early to get plenty of sleep. I didn't feel right reading my People magazine or starting a new book for fear my brain wouldn't hold all the information. Now, I can read on my lunch break and watch TV till midnight and meet friends for lunch. I passed!
Just picture this proctored environment where I took the test. A room full of computers, 20 people all taking various types of test for various reasons. I started at about 9:15am and about 11:15 am I had answered all the questions and was now making the decision if I was going to be done. The computer asks, "Are you sure you are done?" My hands are shaking and I am so afraid of being done. So I say, "Yes." It asks again, "Are you really sure you want to be done. There is no going back." Um, do I? Maybe I should look at the questions again. No, I know myself, I won't change any of the answers. If I thought it was right the first time, why wouldn't it be right now. So I say, "Yes, I am sure I done." Pause pause and then my score comes us. I can't scan the screen fast enough, did I pass? My heart is pounding at this point. And then I see the four letters I was looking for, "PASS." Yay!
I wanted to stand up and scream and confetti poppers to go off and a marching band play a song. And they would all congratulate me and hand me my certificate. No such luck. I walked out in silence, shaking and clammy sweaty to get my purse and certificate and leave. Nothing thrilling or exciting, just normal procedure.
Needless to say, we celebrated the next night at Red Robin with drinks and dinner. I had the Tropical Mai-Tai in preparation for our cruise in March. Only 38 more days! We can't wait.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Woohoo! Good for you!

When are you coming up to visit? :)

M. said...

congratulations, Maryanne! I have no idea what passing this test means for your life, but if it is deserving of a celebration via. MaiTai, then kuddos to you!!!

Yes, it has been a very long time. I have many good memories that include you. We did some silly things...I guess not much has changed for me...hmmm...