Monday, February 25, 2008

Portland City Grill


For our belated Valentine's celebration, AJ and I along with his sister, Jana, her husband JJ and AJ's best friend Corban and his wife Lauren, went to Portland City Grill for dinner. For ya'll who have never been there it is 30 floors up in downtown Portland with windows all around and a spectacular view of the city. AJ, Jana, JJ and I got there early and sat in the bar in couches right at a window and enjoyed drinks and a beautiful night in Portland. Then for dinner the six of us at one table and we all had amazing food, great wine or drinks and we were all so full, no dessert. I would have as I heard there was creme brule on the menu. But for Lent this year, I committed to abstaining from desserts. If ya'll know me, I eat candy as if it were going out of style so this is a stretch for me and a good one, if I say so myself. So no dessert, but we all left full and well fed. We decided we should do this more often as we had so much fun!

2 comments:

M. said...

A nice restaurant with a good view...THAT we don't have in ND! :) The military needed Phil in North Dakota, so that's where we are...that's pretty much the way it works. We making the best of it and loving the small-town feel. I miss certain things about Europe, certainly, but I do like the comforts and conveniences of the US, especially the language!

Thank you for the commments on my photos - I appreciate it! The kids are usually happy to pose for me, but last night I was practicing something new and Henry says, "NOT ANOTHER PICTURE!!!" I guess I overstepped my bounds. :) I made him look at me, none-the-less...nice mommy that I am... :)

Mollie said...

Hi Maryanne... I just now saw your comment on my blog. I never think to look. We're not sure about Camden's hair but I love it. Claire's is starting to look like Camden's at her age, so we're hoping to have two little blond haired girls. I am actually still working. I just took a week off to hang out with the girls. I am the Corporate Controller of an independent insurance agency. If we want to stay in Bend, I have to work. The cost of living is out of control here. The girls have an English Nanny, they love her and she teaches them good manners!
You guys look like you are always doing something... life is never boring.