Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I have learned...

Through this last month of blogging I have learned that I am fully capable of creating a new habit and routine. It was easy the first few days and then I hit a rough patch only to come out at the end, not even realizing it was the end. I am sure most of my 5 readers will think I will disappear again and not blog but once every 3 months if that. But my hope and desire is not for that to happen. Can't guarantee how much I will once Maggie comes, but I do hope for December to keep blogging the important things and things that are on my mind.
It was a challenge but I conquered it. I can now apply this lesson to other aspects of my life and realize that I am capable of change and new things and consistency. Just like I found the 20-30 minutes it would take me to blog, after baby, I can find the 30 minutes to walk the treadmill and feel a little better about myself. A small step for me.
So, welcome in December. I am glad you are here. For me it means of time of celebrating my birthday and for a day or two or maybe three, it is all about me. A middle child's dream! AJ and I are going to Portland for an overnight in a swanky hotel adventure with no child (besides the one in my belly and she is pretty mellow most of the time). My in-laws will have Porter for the night and AJ and I have hopes of dinner and a movie, but we may just end up falling asleep at 9 and sleeping in till 10 or 11 the next day. Either way, I am excited. I get to have adult conversation with my husband, his full attention and no screams or cries or sippy cups being thrown my way.
I am also sort of considering this our "babymoon" seeing how Maggie is due in 42 days so this may be the last time for a bit that AJ and I get to be just us even if for one night. Our family of 3 will soon be a family of 4 and for that I am excited.
So, off into December I go with excitement for my birthday and reflection on our Christ who was born to save us all. It truly is one of the most wonderful times of the year. Merry Christmas and Feliz Navidad!

No comments: