Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Snowshoeing

Tobin and Christy really wanted us to go snowshoeing and so on Saturday we all decided to trek on out and find us some snow to snowshoe through. I made no promises and said I may only make it a little ways as I was 33 1/2 weeks pregnant. I wanted to enjoy the outdoors and I knew Porter would love going for a ride in the backpack. AJ also has been dying to use our snowshoes we bought and have NEVER used! So I pulled some gear together that fit me and piled on the clothes on Porter and off we headed. We found a snow park and pulled in and geared up. Off we went. The sun was shining and the sky was blue. It was gorgeous! But I couldn't make it very far. We stopped for lunch and I decided it would be best for me to head back. So Christy took over and carried Porter back in the backpack and we headed back to the car while AJ and Tobin took a loop and got to do some more trekking. We all had fun and Porter loves the snow and the outdoors. It was fun!
Porter's attempt at holding trekking poles without thumbs.
He really didn't want to let go of them but he hasn't figured out how to keep a thumb in his gloves so all his fingers end up in one section and then he can't grab anything!
Uncle Tobin is wonderful when it comes to carrying Porter in the backpack!
33 1/2 weeks, need I say more!
True outdoorsmen
1,2,3 JUMP!
AJ and Maryanne in a winter wonderland
Lunchtime!!

PB & J is always better on the trail in a backpack while it is lightly snowing.
Yummy!
Beautiful
Could he be any happier?

2 comments:

jana said...

Oh my gosh, that last picture of Porter is SO SO cute. You are going to love those pictures forever, so I'm glad you went.

Jennifer said...

Great pictures and wow, you are a trooper!