Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Porter is in love with all things firefighter- the uniform, the truck, the siren, the station and mainly the fireman pole! So he choose the firefighting outfit.

Maggie is still too young to fully grasp it and will do whatever Porter is doing, so I pulled out Porter's first costume, garden gnome and stuck it in Maggie and she was cute.

Porter had a great night and can't believe how much candy he got. He continually asks me if I have ever seen so much candy ever?! He's cute!

So then today, after my Bible study this morning, I take the kids to pizza for lunch with a few other friends and their kids. Maggie and I go up to the counter to get our pizza and the last asks Maggie is she went out last night trick or treating? Maggie shakes her head yes and then she asks, "We're you a kitty or a princess or a fairy?" as if that is all a little girl could be.

My mommy defenses went up. I know it is an innocent question. AJ and I are trying so hard to raise our son and daughter to feel amazing in who they are, not in what they do or how they look. They are just amazing because they are Porter and Maggie.

Anyways, so my response to this very innocent but felt assuming question was, "No, she was a garden gnome." The lady didn't know how to respond. It was priceless. And then to justify it all, I said, "the cutest garden gnome ever." I didn't have to, but I felt like I had too.

It was just a good reminder to me, again, no matter what my kids do or look or say or are, I love them-no matter what. They don't have to be anything because they already are Porter and Maggie.

Anyways, here are the kids:

No comments: