Friday, November 2, 2012

Remote Controller

Yes, I am a parent who does bribes. Let's just get that out of the way.

Porter started preschool this fall. He is in a dual language immersion program three days a week. His teacher is amazing, sweet and pretty much awesome! Porter was having a little separation anxiety and was making progress but would still get upset pretty much every morning when I would drop him off. He had his blanket to help console and would then end up fine and having a great time by the end of the morning.

In my head I knew he wouldn't cry forever but it just seemed to be getting a bit more intense each day and he was even crying when I left him in his classroom at church which he hadn't done all last year!

I knew Porter had been asking for a remote control helicopter and Amazon sells a pretty fun little one for $19. So I told Porter if he was able to go 3 days of school with out crying, I would get him that helicopter. I didn't know if he would do it, but he did awesome and really took it all in stride. He really does love school and his teacher and would come home excited to go back.

So after three days plus the bonus of not crying when I dropped him off at his class at church, he was rewarded with the helicopter.

Now, let's all remember, he is three and a half. He has some major skills flying this helicopter. He is quite the pilot.

And then he took it to the next level. He could land and take off on other people's hands. And being the little crazy boy he was, went one more level. He puts the remote in one hand and flies it and the catches the helicopter in his other. Truly impressive! The kid is amazing in my opinion. And he does want to be a rescue pilot when he grows up!

No comments: