Saturday, November 3, 2012

I <3 Running

Never in a million years would I have ever guessed that post having my babies, I would have said that, but it is true.

I have been lucky enough to have a treadmill and can run after the kids go to bed. Plus, I have had lots of people motivating me along the way. AJ encouraged me to get in to shape by booking a 5 day 43 mile backpacking trip to Glacier. I lost 30 pounds and got in to shape so I could carry my 30+ pound backpack for those 5 days.

Then my sister is an avid runner always inspires me with all the races she has done.

And then another inspiring friend, Christi, convinced me to sign up for the Warrior Dash and go deep in gooey mud through a 5K course with her.

My sister in law, Jana, is always asking me to run in 5K's with her and we have done so many together!

Well, my bucket list included a marathon, but that requires SO much training I thought I might start with a half and asked my brother in law JJ if he was interested. He has lost 80+ pounds and runs on a very consistent basis and he said yes! So we signed up and ran 13.2 miles one rainy, cloudy and partially sunny Sunday morning.

Here's my lesson: don't think you can run that far without training. I was fine cardio wise but I could barely walk for about 3 days after. It was brutal.

Needless to say, a marathon is no longer on my bucket list. But more races are!

JJ wants to do another half in May it June and I suggested we do a 15K in March. Shamrock Run 15K, here we come!

1 comment:

Red said...

Good work! Can't wait till I can run again with you!