Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hard parts of parenting, for me

As my kids have gotten older and the baby phases are wearing off and I realize, I have two kids, there are things I am coming to terms with in this new stage of parenting that are hard for me.

Brutally honest. My blog. No judging allowed.

I struggle with being creative and healthy and on-top of meals for my kids. It is easier to give them cereal in the morning because I know they will eat it versus making them eggs and toast which ends up on the floor. Mac n cheese is SUPER easy and a crowd pleaser. I am hoping this is a phase and their picky ways don't stay, but feeding them 3 meals and snacks is hard some days.

I struggle with taking pictures and recording cute phrases they say. In my head I aspire to these things. I think I should do this or that when in fact it just isn't me.

I always want a few more minutes of sleep whether they wake up at 6am or 8am. Whether their nap was a hour long or 3 hours long. I do know my energy levels have gotten better as they have gotten older but I still feel like a few more minutes would be good. It is so sad because as you get older, your body takes less sleep and so as your kids start to sleep in, you start waking up earlier. Oh to be a teenager again and sleep till noon!

I struggle with getting out of the house with my 2 kids. I struggled when I had 1! It just feels easier to stay home.

These are all things that don't make me a bad parent. They make me real. I find other things easier that might be challenging to someone else. But we were all created to be individuals and so no comparing but that doesn't mean I don't struggle.

I hope and pray these are phases and in a year my struggles will be different. That's the beauty of evolving as a parent. Plus, where some of my weakness lie, AJ has some major strengths that helps complete the parenting circle.

I love my kids. I love my husband and I love being a mom. Things that at age 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 that I didn't know I would ever feel.

Posterity sake.

1 comment:

Bethany McLain said...

I feel like you just wrote a post for my blog.