Wednesday, November 10, 2010

31 weeks

Here is am starting my 31st week of being pregnant and I have to say, today was not the best day to represent being 31 weeks. I woke up not feeling all that great but most of that I attribute to just being pregnant. Off I went to my morning routine of getting ready for work, juggling taking care of my 19 month old and somehow getting it all done in a reasonable amount of time. As I was brushing my teeth and putting something away so Porter wouldn't throw it down the laundry chute I started gagging. Fine, I can handle this. But it turned to puking, full on puking. Porter just stood on his potty chair with his chin on the counter and looked at my and blew raspberries as I puked. He was pretty cute, but I didn't feel cute at all. I looked at him and said, "I did the same thing when I was pregnant with you!" Like he cares right now?

I continued to get ready and then noticed my nose was bleeding. What? Really? Why is this all happening today? I just want to get to work and not have to focus on getting ready with Porter hanging on to my legs. I couldn't get ready fast enough but we were finally finished and enjoying breakfast. I feel like each day I get up and ready for work and Porter fed is my biggest accomplishment. Thus, why I still can't grasp how I will ever get out of the house with two kids!!

The other thing I am super frustrated with being pregnant is my horrible heartburn. AJ and I made the decision when I was pregnant with Porter that I would do all I can do to try to run the course of my pregnancy medication free. I managed my first pregnancy but man oh man, I forgot how horrible the heartburn was. I do take some Tums but they rarely work so I have tried all sorts of other things. I am pretty much uncomfortable all the time. But then recently I remembered that chewing gum is suppose to help ease that discomfort. Well in a week I have gone through two packs of gum but I feel so much better. It truly helps! It is a miracle.

Only 9 more weeks to go to 40 weeks but if we have learned at all from Porter, it may be more like 11 weeks! I am excited to meet our new little bundle of joy and can't wait for Porter to have a sister and enter a new phase in life called siblings!

3 comments:

Red said...

So So Sorry sis! What a morning!

jana said...

Ugh. Never again!

Christi said...

You are doing an amazing job. You already are getting ready with two...just in a different way. Praying for a great morning and accomplishing getting out the door.