Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

This is the year. We are going to do it. We have purchased the Groupon, made the commitment with AJ's sister and JJ and I am ready. WE ARE GETTING A CHRISTMAS TREE!!

In the 7 years AJ and I have been married, we have gotten a Christmas tree once and at that point in our lives we did not have kids or live in our own house. But we did use our lights and ornaments and it was a very cute tree. Well, this is the first year in OUR own house and little Porter is a year and a half old so no time like the present to start making our own traditions. We are getting a tree.

About a week ago Jana saw a Groupon for $10 off a local tree farm, so we both bought the Groupon and decided we would all go together. We will take our mini van with the kids and JJ will take the truck to bring our trees back home in. It was a win win.

So I am committed. Mega pregnant or not, we are starting our DeBacker family Christmas tree tradition. I may not get to use all my beautiful breakable ornaments as Porter may just try to climb the tree but it will be our tree.

So much fun! I will post pictures when we get it up and decorated.

"Tis the season to be jolly and be thankful for all that we have."

1 comment:

Red said...

You know I love you! ;) So excited for you to get a tree. Maybe we can come over and enjoy it with you!