Sunday, November 21, 2010

There are a few...

Well, this is a bit of a stretch for me but someday when I read back over my posts I think it would be a good idea to have a few things I enjoy about pregnancy in a post. My sister-in-law gave me the idea and I think it is a good one. So here it goes.
For the most part, I do not enjoy being pregnant. I get sick, heartburn, uncomfortable, lethargic and feel restricted by how my body is during pregnancy. So here I am, pessimist that I am, going to be an optimist and tell you all the things I enjoy.
AJ and I had decided before we had kids and it may have even been before we got married that two was our magic number. He came from a family of two and I was one of three and I was the middle one. So no odd numbers for me and we both felt for as many as we could hold their hands at one time, two was it. And now that we are approaching meeting our second one, I am excited to be past this stage.
But things that I did enjoy during my pregnancies. One of them is eating. I usually tend to watch what I eat more closely and try not to overindulge when I am not pregnant, so when I am, I don't hold back very much. I enjoy sweets, carbs and pretty much food in general. Yes, this all shows on the scales, but who cares right, I am pregnant!! For example, last night AJ made a late night run to DQ for ice cream and I thought he should buy 2 dilly bars so I could have one another night. Nope. It didn't make it past last night. You got it, I ate TWO dilly bars and man oh man, they were good.
Another thing I do enjoy is getting to feel my child move and kick and get hiccups inside of me. This is such a unique experience but with each of them, I have (for the most part) enjoyed this bond and connection with them. Porter was much more of a stretcher and would push my belly in weird ways. Maggie is more like a kick boxer and has lots of consistent motions. Each different and unique but fun to experience.
Seeing my body change and grow and progress has been exciting as well. I am so amazed at how God created us women and how our bodies adapt to the things we need. This is not only during pregnancy but after. You go from being a pregnant woman to a full-on mom in a split second and suddenly, you are not getting sleep and responsible for a new baby. It is such a sweet time, but somehow, we survive and get through it and end up loving our kids even more than we thought we could and want to do it all over again!
I know about 8-9 months after Maggie is born I will want another newborn. But I am thankful for what God has given us and thankful for the journey we will embark on as the family of four. A few things I will be looking forward to after delivery is meeting our precious daughter and seeing her face to face and smelling her new baby smell. I am excited for Porter to have a sister and AJ to have a daughter. I am excited to be rid of my heartburn. The countdown has begun as we have 8 more weeks, which with the holidays, really isn't that long!

No comments: