Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oh, what a day!


On Saturday, my bestie, Jennifer, invited me to join her at the Beaver's game. Her and her husband have season tickets and it was her turn to go so she invited me! I was excited as I love going to live sporting events. My husband is not really in to that as it involves being around large crowds and watching a game so I was thrilled to go with my good friend. We were going to have fun! Oh and did I mention, no kids!!!

I dropped off Porter as Grammie's house so that AJ could work the day away on our house. It was so nice of Lori to take Porter for the day especially since she already watches him 3 days a week. So off I went to pick up Jen and head down to Corvallis.

On our way down we decided to stop for lunch at Burgerville in Corvallis and got a little lost but thanks to the iPhone found it and were on our way again. Once we got closer to Corvallis we did get in some traffic, but Jen and I were just having fun chatting it up and laughing lots.

Finally, we got to the neighborhood to find parking and there was none! Either the spot was too small or it was on the wrong side of the road or the lot was full. It was getting later and closer and closer to kickoff so we were really running out of time. Jen was driving at this point and saw some cars pulling in to a grassy area and decided to pull in behind them. Thankfully, our little Subaru is all wheel drive so it was able to handle it but I was fairly convinced either my car would get stuck getting out or it was a large sinkhole and my car would be buried when we returned. Neither happened, but it made for some good laughs during the game when we thought about getting home afterwards.

We had hoped to meet up with my Bible study leader at her tailgating tent before hand but because of our exhausting search for a parking space and being miles away from the stadium, we just headed on in, found our seats, saw the marching band perform the National Anthem and it was kickoff. It started to rain a little so we put our rain pants on and enjoyed the game. It was a BIG bummer how horrible the game was but we were having fun. Really, one of the best things about going to a game is all the people watching you can do!

At halftime we got up to walk a little and use the restroom and grab some hot chocolate. It took us a while as the lines were long and the second half started before we got back to our seats. The other team even scored while we were in line. Ugh. This was going to be a long game. But we stuck it out and stayed to the bitter end. Thank goodness for our wonderful rain gear as it had started raining harder at this point. And me being almost 8 months pregnant, I was afraid nothing would fit me. Well, AJ's rain jacket and pants did fit me so I was able to enjoy the game completely dry!

After the game we decided to walk over to our friends who were tailgating and say hi and then start the trek back to our car. This was a lot of walking for my prego-ness but it was worth it, We got to see our friends and their sweet setup and then find my car just sitting there waiting for us. We peeled off our wet rain gear and climbed in to the Subaru. We were tired and glad to be in the warm car and dry but we were happy! What a day. We still have an almost two hour drive home but again, we just chatted the whole way and stopped to get consolation milkshakes on the way to bury our losing team sorrows.

Even though the Beavers played horribly and lost miserably, Jen and I had an amazing time. If I was to go to another game, I would want to go with Jen cause we had so much fun! Thank you, Jen!!

It was back to mommyhood and familyhood when I walked through my front door but I was glad to see my sweet son and wonderful husband. Ah, home again to my loves, refreshed.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ah....just now reading this and feeling quite honored I got a whole blog post!

It was a wonderful time and one of my favorite memories when it comes to OSU games; you are a delight to go with.

I love you to pieces!