Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I just was thinking...

I would like to point out something that I think is fairly obvious. I am a big Facebooker. I have the app on my iPhone and I am constantly checking it. Yes, most likely I spend too much time but I enjoy it so I am fine with it for now. But here is one thing I have noticed. If you want lots of comments or likes, do a status update or picture upload with food. One of my friends made a comment about pumpkin pie and 25+ comments later and lots of theological talk, it was pretty much decided that Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie. Then today another friend asked what people thought about green bean casserole. Another 25+ comments and it is still pretty much 50/50 either you love it or you hate it.

It just cracks me up. I try to be witty with some of my updates but most of the time right now, even in the month of thankful, I am complaining or whining about something. But on those days when I feel like I have an epiphany moment and all the stars are aligned and I write down my status update, no comments. Then off the cuff I will make a remark about Taco Bell or food and I will for sure get comments.

So I guess this all got me thinking how much food is a common ground for everyone. Weird, huh? Well, not super weird because a majority of events one goes to will have food and drink of some sort. Baby showers, church events, birthday parties, sporting events and staff meetings. The list goes one. Not a bad thing, just makes it that much harder for us as a society to become healthy. But really the change has to be within each of us to create more good for the whole.

Kind of deep but really just got me thinking. Now that Thanksgiving is here in two days I am sure I will be seeing a lot more food updates. Enjoy your Thanksgiving meal with family and friends and make sure y'all save some room for pumpkin pie!!

1 comment:

jana said...

We were just laughing about this. JJ NEVER gets any comments on FB and tonight he posted that picture of our room service and got a bunch of comments. So random.