Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving, Mom and Dad. From Porter.

What a fun day I had. I loved waking up and seeing all my relatives who had stayed the night in my house. I got to go for a jog in my stroller with Aunt Christy. It was cold, but Mommy gave me two blankets and my snow boots to snuggle with and keep warm. When we got back Mommy made me breakfast and Daddy got up and was making apple cider for everyone. We all ate breakfast and then watched a little bit of the parade on TV. My parents let me watch TV!! I was more interested in the remote but it was still fun to see a little bit. After that I took my nap. Who knows what the adults do while I am sleeping but it felt good to nap since I had woken up at 6:40am!
When I woke up it seemed to be a whirlwind of getting ready to go somewhere. Daddy got me ready while Mommy finished doing her hair. Then we headed out the door. Mommy was driving so Daddy could look at the ads for all the sales tomorrow. My mommy must be forgetful lately because we we drive out of the driveway and then come back again and then Daddy would run in the house. We did this 3 times before we finally were going somewhere different. Silly Mommy!
We got to my cousin's house and got to play with all of them and see all their fun toys. It was a bit crazy there as everyone was getting lunch ready. We had Thanksgiving dinner for lunch! It was so yummy. Sweet potatoes, green beans, mashed potatoes, rolls, pear jello salad and stuffing! Yum! And let me tell you something else. I was in pain after lunch. No, I was too full or had to unbutton my pants cause I ate too much or stubbed my toe. I was constipated. You see, I hadn't pooped for 2 days! That is a long time for me. But I had to get it out now cause it was starting to hurt and I cried. I cried and everyone wondered what was wrong with me. My Mommy and Daddy rubbed my back and got my blanket and wiped my tears. I pushed, got sweaty and clammy and eventually something came out. Man, that felt good. Mommy changed my diaper and off I went playing again.
Well, about 5 minutes later, I went again! This time Daddy got to change that diaper. I was on a roll and I was feeling so much better. We all got ready and walked over to the park and had family pictures taken. I just don't understand having to look good and pose for a picture when there is a playground and a slide close by. I just wanted to play. The stream running by looked fun too but my parents wouldn't let me get close at all. Oh well, it was pretty cold outside. We then tromped back to the house and I got to play the guitar with Grandpa. Well, guess what? Mommy discovered I had another dirty diaper. So she changed it and I was still feeling good!
No joke, 2 minutes later, I had dirtied my diaper again. Mommy told Daddy it was his turn to change me and Daddy said to let me hang out a little in case I had more business to take care of seeing how this would be diaper #4! So he finished eating his pie (which he wouldn't let me have any, why can't I eat sugar?) and changed me. Off I went playing again and then we all got ready to go home. I was so tired. It is exhausting not having a second nap and being around a lot of people but I had fun.
Off we went home and unloaded the car and Daddy started making dinner. Mommy was getting me ready for bed when she realized I had left another present in my diaper. Diaper #5. Man, I was feeling good and so glad I had worked so hard to get that first bit out that just seemed to open the floodgates. Well, I ate dinner and then Mommy cleaned up my room and put a bunch of laundry away and then Daddy read me some books before it was time to go to bed. Mommy was singing to me when I just had to let her know I had another poopy diaper by pointing at my diaper. I just couldn't bear the thought of sleeping in a messy diaper all night. Mommy called Daddy in and said it was his turn and he changed my messy diaper. Diaper #6 in a 6 hour period. Daddy said he thinks I am just trying to get them ready for when Maggie comes. All I know is I feel much better and hope I never get that constipated again. But I am thankful I was able to work it all out.
Happy Thanksgiving!
-Porter

No comments: