Monday, November 22, 2010

My other job

I am a wife, a mom and I also work part time at State Farm Insurance. I love all of these jobs and find joy and excitement in each of them. But one thing some people may not know about me is that I am a hairstylist as well. Just this weekend I did 6 haircuts. That is a lot for me at this stage in my life, but I love doing this so I have a hard time saying no.

It is really fun to see the transformation from shaggy hair to cute and put together hair. I love getting to chat with my clients and catching up on their life. I also just love playing with people's hair. One of my good friends gets grossed out by touching other people's hair. This doesn't bother me at all.

When I graduated from beauty school my hope was to make this my career and well, I tried. It just didn't work out and honestly, I didn't love the schedule of evenings and weekends. I wanted to spend time with my family and friends so when the opportunity arose to work at a Monday through Friday 9-5 kind of job, I just had to take it. I love having my weekends off with my family and I also love being home in the evening.

I like to think of myself as well rounded. During the day I talk insurance and business, at night or on the weekends I talk hair!

2 comments:

Bethany McLain said...

I had no idea! I have been contimplating hacking my hair off and may have to pay you a visit sometime.

Chris Steele said...

Yes--I definitely need to make an appointment with you soon!