Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Braxton Hicks

Here I am 33 weeks and I am having a lot of Braxton Hicks. What is a Braxton Hick? Well, it is a non-contraction of sorts. Basically, the best way to describe it is your belly gets really hard and feels like it does during a contraction but with a Braxton Hick there is no opening in your cervix or getting ready for the baby to head on out. I had them some with Porter but nothing like I have been having with this one. I always know when I am having one because I get flush, all the blood in my body rushes to my belly and my belly gets rock hard! Pretty much, takes my breath away.

I can only hope this is a sign of good things to come but don't want to get my hopes up too high. It is just another one of those things that makes this pregnancy more unique to Maggie. Sweet Magnolia Raine, just pulling another fast one on her mom. Pretty much from the start she has stated in more ways than one that she is not Porter and has me on my toes. Kind of makes me wonder what she will be like after she is born. If she has feisty red hair, we may have another fiery-stubborn Scotch-Irish on our hands, like me! :) Like mother, like daughter and like father, like son.

No comments: