Sunday, November 14, 2010

What's currently on my mind...

My sweet sweet little boy has the worst diaper rash tonight. I gave him a bath tonight because he was crying so much from his little bum hurting so badly. Two things I think are attributing to this problem. We had gotten some wipes as a baby present for Maggie but I decided to go ahead and use them. Well, I think his bottom likes those ones better. And he for whatever reason, has been having more loose stools and thus more dirty diapers and all this attributes to a horrible rash. He was crying huge tears tonight and it just breaks my heart. It is so hard to explain to a 19 month old why it is the way it is. Oh man, rough.

I have googled home remedies and remedies in general and I have a plan of attack but I just really want it to go away for his sake. No fun! We happened to have a Well Baby check up tomorrow so we will see what the doctor has to say as well.

If anyone reads my blog and had any ideas, I am open for suggestions. What would you do?

3 comments:

jana said...

Can you let him run around naked? I have always heard that open air is really good for diaper rash.

Christy said...

We use two lines of defense. Vaseline and desitin and sometimes bag balm. But the desitin is the best if its really, really bad. Lincoln got them really bad when he was on antibiotics for his ear infections. He eventually had tubes put in and that was the last of the diaper rashes. Oh and we had to use just warm water, no wipes. And lots of naked time too like Jana suggested.

Bethany McLain said...

Our two year old has VERY sensitive skin and had a problem with diaper rashes around that age. We tried desitin and it made it worse because she is SO sensitive. We ended up using A&D ointment and it worked great! However, if he has sensitive skin it will probably continue to be an issue until he starts potty training. Mady's didnt go away until we started using real panties at home and only pullups at night and when we are out of the house.