Saturday, November 6, 2010

Strong dislike

So it is Saturday night and I have piles of laundry going. The dishes from dinner are put away, Porter's toys are all picked up and all the clean laundry is put away. I am sitting here on my couch blogging and my husband is watching Starcraft II. What's that? You've never heard of that. Well, good for you. Truly you should keep it that way. Basically, the best way to describe it would be BORING.

Imagine you are watching football and not only are you watching it, but there are sportscasters who are filling in the 'color' for the game. They explain the plays that are happening and are amazed when the ball is intercepted and get excited when the team nears the goal. Now imagine, it is a video game you are watching. Someone else is controlling the players in the game and there are announcers calling the game. They react when someone gets clobbered or a good game play happens. But this is all a video game!!!

Boring.

I say we put on Hulu and watch Grey's Anatomy or some other show. But Starcraft II, really?

If your husband/boyfriend/significant other plays video games, I am sorry. But you may be wise not to tell them about this show so you won't be stuck watching it on a Saturday night.

I strongly dislike video games and watching someone else play video games.

2 comments:

Christi said...

This cracked me up....I love your voice in it.

Red said...

I totally agree. Now I'm going to get off this computer and get back to vaca! Love ya, and we've got to come back with you next time! You'd LOVE LOVE LOVE it here! And so would Porter...oh yeah, and AJ too...that is if he doesn't bring Starcraft I, II, or III, or 4 million for that matter. ;)