Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Amazing

Well, here I am again a day late but yesterday was Monday and was an amazing day!

One of the things that Porter loves is us telling him "story of my day". He loves it when we tell him about the events of his day and what he did from start to finish.

Well, here is story of my day, yesterday.

It was Monday and my day off. I woke up and AJ brought Porter down stairs to our room and we snuggled and watched his morning shows together. Maggie then woke up and that is when our day really starts. We do diaper changes and get ready to do breakfast. I made Porter's favorite peanut butter/banana smoothie and I even made Maggie a green smoothie and she loved it!

And we were then off and running. Porter wanted to do this and that and then it was time for Maggie's nap. Nap time for Maggie is nice for Porter on my days off because we get some one on one time and can play with toys that Maggie might swallow and choke on. He decided he wanted to play with blocks and cars and knock over the towers I built. Well, Miss Chunky Thighs, got her legs stuck in the crib bars and woke up after on 45 minutes. She was happy and glad to be free of her crib bars but it wasn't quite long enough for me.

We all started playing with blocks and books and toys and my longtime friend Jen came over and hung out with us and hang out with me and the kiddos. It was sort of chaotic but we were having fun. I also watch Finn on Mondays so then Jana dropped him off and we then had 3 kids, Jen and I and it was lunch time. I started making lunch and then my sister arrived with her lunch. We all sat down and were able talk a little while the kids ate. After lunch it is countdown to nap time for all 3 kiddos. One of my favorite times. :)

My friend Jen decided to head home as she had walked over and it wasn't raining yet and my sister stayed to hang out. I put Finn down and then Maggie and then Porter. Ah, some peace and quiet and mellow-ness. It was nice to catch up with my sis and hang out and catch up on life. She had forgotten her jacket at the medical clinic that she volunteers at and so she left to go grab that and came back with a chai and cinder. Isn't she the best?

At about 3, Maggie woke up and we got some cute Maggie time. Then Porter woke up around 3:15 and Finn didn't wake up till 4. He is an amazing napper sometimes. We then all were hanging out again and my sister decided to stay for dinner since Tobin was working that evening and she could be with us. Jana had brought over one of her freezer meals and we would all eat together. Both JJ and AJ were working till later in the evening as they were then going to have Wednesday off so Jana, Christy and the kids and I all ate dinner together.

But before dinner time, Lori stopped by to say hi as we had not seen her all weekend and she wanted to say hi. About 20 minutes later, Jana showed up and I was getting dinner together and then after 5, Al showed up as well. It was a fully revolving door at my house on Monday. At one point, when Al, Lori, Jana, Finn, Christy, Porter, Maggie and I were all in my house, my doorbell rang and we all looked at each other and wondered who else was going to show up. It ended up being the neighbor bringing over a piece of my mail that had been delivered to her. It was a very sweet thank you card from my friend, Christi. Oh man, my day just couldn't have gotten any better.

Al and Lori left and we all sat down to dinner and enjoyed a yummy meal together. It was a freezer meal made by another one of my friends, Lauren. Christy took off after she picked up all the dinner dishes! Then Porter asked Finn if he wanted to take a bath and so the boys got to have a fun bath and Maggie even got in for a few to get her hair washed and throw a few splashes herself. Bath time was over and Porter let Finn borrow a pair of jammies and they headed home.

It was just the kids and I and it was 6:30 at night. Me and my cuties and a warm happy house. I was feeling blessed. I fed Mags and kissed her and put her down and about 30 minutes later, it was time for Porter to go to bed. What a day!

AJ was home by 8:30 and we sat on the couch and snuggled and caught up on life. Then I talked to my brother for a few minutes and it was time to head to bed. Ahhhhh, bliss, pure bliss.

I was overwhelmed by how God places people, places and things in our lives to bless us. Each and every moment of my Monday was touched by family and friends. I was overwhelmed by all who came over that day and all who contributed to my kids and our lives. God knows my thoughts and feelings and knows just what I need and when.

Thank you all who were a part of my Monday!

1 comment:

Christi said...

I love days like that. A funny thing is I was thinking of dropping in that day to say hi really quick. Jana watched the boys that morning, but after I picked them up we went to Lauren's for awhile and by then I knew you would be starting naps. It just made me wish I was a member of your cool neighborhood :)