Monday, November 7, 2011

Dishwashers and washers

I am thankful for my dishwasher and my washing machine. One of the things I really wanted in the new house was a dishwasher. Our old house we did not have one and it was just the two of us and we never seemed to find time to wash the dishes. It was usually after 2 or 3 meals and so there was quite the pile. I knew with kids we would be going through lots of dishes and really really wanted a dishwasher.

Well, most older homes do not have a built in dishwasher as they weren't around when they were built. Oftentimes, the home wouldn't have one or it would be a portable one and so it was always in an awkward place. So imagine my excitement when this house had a dishwasher and it was built in. The kitchen is not very big but does have a dishwasher. And man on man, I am so thankful. I notice we go through detergent pretty quickly as we run the dishwasher everyday and on the rare occasion can go two days. I am not complaining at all though. I am very grateful now with sippy cups, bowls, plates and silverware galore.

Then my washing machine is nothing amazing or high efficiency but it works and gets our clothes clean. Our dryer is hot and our clothes get dried quickly. 2-3 loads of laundry a week and then there are the weeks that it just never seems to end.

I am thankful for our modern conveniences and all my appliances.

1 comment:

Red said...

Ha! How ironic. I haven't read your blog posts till today. I am also thankful for my dishwasher and shouldn't complain!