Thursday, November 17, 2011

Friends

Today one of my very good friends came to visit us. She lives in Portland and we see each other, or try to see each other once a month or so. Thursdays are a good day as I don't work and she doesn't have school. She offered to come this way and it turned out to be for the better as I ended up without a car today. Long story short, I need to remind AJ that it is Thursday so he doesn't take the van. ;)

My friend came for lunch and to catch up on life and just be with the kids and I for our afternoon routine at home. Nothing extraordinary or super exciting. We just did life together for four hours and chatted about our days, weeks, ups and downs, marriages, kids and kid-to-be, rugs, houses and life. It was a wonderful four hours. I dreamed about what life would be like if we could afford to live in Portland and I didn't have to work and we could raise our kids together and form a babysitting co-op. She turned on the laptop and showed me the rug she wants to get for her nursery. I wish I could spend every Thursday afternoon with her.

My friend and I go way back. We had to have a "we like each other and not just because we both know the same person" talk. We have history. We have cried and cried and cried some more together. We have laughed and smiled and laughed some more. We even shared a room for awhile. She was one of the first real friends I made after I moved to Salem, a whole new chapter in my life. She was in my wedding and we have just been through so much. For 3 years before I got married and moved to Vegas, we even worked at the same church. Different ministries but often times we would go out to lunch together, vent in her office and even go on Diet Coke runs to Plaid Pantry!

I wish we lived closer but thankful we are still close enough to visit and catch up on life and be real and authentic with one another. Sarah, I am thankful for you today! And that cute baby bump, well, I can't wait to meet your new little one!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh goodness. If I didn't know any better, I would say you are trying to make a hormonal pregnant lady cry!

Thank you so much, my friend. I love you whole bunches!