Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I just can't believe it is November

I am sitting on the couch tonight and my toes are freezing and I have my slippers on! I am cold all over. And here I sit in a short sleeve shirt and wonder why I am so cold. Oh wait, it is November! What, November? What happened to October? Summer didn't start till August so it feels like October was a bit of more summer/fall than just fall. Which brings me to what I am thankful for today. No, not fall.

I am thankful of the state I live in. Yes, I am thankful for Oregon. We don't have extreme weather, we experience all four seasons, albeit some are shorter than I would like and the valley where I live now, is amazing during the fall and spring with all the trees, leaves and blossoms. Salem is a hour and a half from the coast, a hour from the city that AJ and I love visiting (Portland) and two and a half hours from Bend where my parents live and tons of stuff in between. We love hiking, we love snowboarding, we love seeing Aunt Christy and Uncle Tobin in Corvallis so Oregon fits our lifestyle.

I heart Oregon.

No comments: