Sunday, November 27, 2011

Flexibility

I am thankful for a family who is flexible. This weekend was not what we had expected it to be or at least not what I had thought it might be like. But we all took it and rolled with the punches. Maggie was sick the entire time we were in Bend. This was the first time we had stayed there since having Maggie and it was a bit rough with all of us in the house and at night. On Saturday morning at 4:30 am, Maggie woke up and would not stop crying. Everyone heard her as the house is small enough. Needless to say, we were all a bit tired on Saturday. But they rolled with the punches and everyone besides Maggie, my mom and I went snowshoeing and had a good time.

My sister and her husband went to visit his sister and his family that was in town as well and while they were out getting their pictures taken someone ran in to their car. Come to find out, they were uninsured. Ugh. The punches kept coming and we stilled flexed around that and made it work.

So as I ponder back on the weekend I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for my husband and all he did for Porter as I was on Maggie duty. He did take Maggie when he could and discovered she LOVES to be outside with the dogs. I am thankful for my sister and her husband and the fun and adventure they bring in to our lives. I am thankful for my parents who graciously hosted us, sick child, dog and all. They played with my kids and helped out when they could.

I am also thankful that when we decided to go home a day early, there were no hard feelings just complete understanding. Maggie was ready for her own bed and slept last all the way till 4:30 which is pretty normal. She is still not 100% herself yet but no fever and not nearly as fussy and for that I am thankful.

Family, thank you for being flexible and for rolling with the punches as they came. Can't wait for next year and all it might bring!

1 comment:

Red said...

Just read this...I'm jus catching up on my blog reading! Yes, twas a good weekend about flexibility! Even when I read the paper wrong about what time the store opens!