Friday, November 25, 2011

I love a good deal!

My family has a crazy tradition and that is Black Friday shopping. For as long as I can remember back we always would get up as a family and head out to buy some socks, shoes and other good deals that we would find the day before while perusing the ads. It was a crazy thing we did but we always found good deals, had a good laugh at the crazies at Fred Meyer and would come home and nap.

Since AJ and I have been married we have some times both gone or one or the other of us will go, depending on what deals or steals we may be thinking of purchasing. The last two years AJ has gone as I wasn't really wanting to. I do recall when I was pregnant with Porter going and that was a bit much for me. I waddled around but for the most part, I was miserable.

This year, AJ didn't find anything he was dying to have and I wanted to get some stuff at Freddie's so my alarm went off at 4:30am this morning and my parents, sister, brother in law and I headed out. We actually got there before they opened and stood in line for a few minutes and rushed in with the rest of the crazies.

I found a few board games for Porter for Christmas and he will love as he is just starting to grasp the concept of playing a game. I bought the kids some sock (can't go without getting some socks!), a pair of fleece lined Crocs for Porter and the cutest Christmas dress and sweater for Miss Mags. It wasn't a ton of stuff but still fun to share the experience with my sister and laugh at the crazies and dig through piles of socks.

I am thankful for a good deal and am glad for what I got but still love my sleep more. Next year, AJ's turn to go out!

No comments: