Sunday, November 13, 2011

The best sister in the world

I am thankful for my sister. For oh so many reasons, more than I have time or space to share. But here are two of the biggest reasons.

She loves me and my kids. She is an amazing aunt and loves to hang out with us. She will go above and beyond to help out so that we can take our kids places not a lot of kids go (ie rock climbing and not-car camping). Her and her husband are awesome. We love them!

And the other reason is for given me the best surprise in my life. And by surprise, I mean full on, never would have expected this to have happened so it was fully out of the blue. (When AJ came home early to ask me to marry him, that was a good surprise too!) Anyways, it was fall of 2009 after Porter had been born and I was wanting some new clothes. I was tired of my limited wardrobe and just love me some Nordstrom Rack shopping. So AJ said he would go with me on Saturday and hang out with Porter while I shopped and then we could do lunch and come home. Sounded like a wonderful plan to me. So off we headed on Saturday morning. Probably a little earlier than I would normally do on a Saturday but it felt good to be out and headed to a morning of shopping. When we arrived in downtown Portland, AJ parked and suggested we head to Starbucks to get some coffee before we headed to Nordstrom Rack. Sure thing. We walked in and it was packed. Porter was in the BOB and I was a bit overwhelmed and trying to figure out where the line was and what I wanted to drink. When all of a sudden, my sister walks up and says, "Hi!" (Quick back story, she was currently living in southern California with her husband so her to be at the Starbucks in Portland was random, totally random.)

I stood there, confused, not quite understanding what was going on. I was fully and completely surprised. I was shocked and thought it was crazy that she would be there when we were there too. I had a million thoughts flood my mind at once and not one of them was that AJ was in on the surprise with her this whole time but he was. Neither of them ever let in on the surprise and it paid off. I was SURPRISED!

My sis is amazing and I am very fortunate to have her in my life.

1 comment:

Millers' Memorable Milestones said...

How can I express my deepest thanksgiving to God for two wonderful daughters? Foes when they were young, they are now the toughest bond--yes, even tougher than Gorilla Glue--held together by the deepest love for one another expressed in their love for Jesus. I am so grateful for both of you. You are an AMAZING mom, Maryanne!