Saturday, November 5, 2011

Husband, my husband.

I am thankful for my best friend, my knight in shining armor, the guy who makes me laugh and is an all around handy, amazing, nerdy, smarty, hottie kind of guy.

I met AJ 10 years ago. We started dating shortly after my 25th birthday. (Wow, easy math and now you know how old I am and I can't believe I am admitting that.) He actually was at a birthday celebration that my friends had put together. It was sort of random at the time but cute to think and talk about now. He barely knew me!

AJ has supported me through so much. He has been my biggest cheerleader on this journey calling wedded life.  He loves me no matter what and he loves to make me laugh. He knows so much about the most random things but that comes in handy so many times when I wonder about something, he has the answer. I love it!

Now that we have two kids, he is also an amazing dad. When all didn't go the way we had planned for the birth of Porter, AJ stepped right in and as I was in recovery, held our son minutes old skin-to-skin till I was able to be in the room. Be still my beating heart. And then after Maggie was born, he was strong for me and was the protective father for Maggie. He was by her side every step of the way. At one point after they had gotten her stable, he stood next to her and just laid his hand on her belly. I didn't see it but Lori told me. Again, wow, amazing.

The other cool thing about AJ is that he is so good at learning new things. If he wants to build something, he researches it. If he wants to install a window, he reads up on it and asks his brother-in-law. If he wants to try to dry his wet iPhone, he watches a YouTube video. He has done so many projects on our house and built with his dad the most amazing chicken coop. Yep, he is pretty much amazing.

I love you, honey!

No comments: