Thursday, November 3, 2011

No socks, please.

I am thankful that I don't have to wear socks everyday. Random, right? I have discovered I don't like socks. And I have two things that I can pinpoint in time as to why I dislike them.

My family vacationed every other year in southern California. We would go visit my grandparents and we would always go to Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm or some other amusement park. As a child, my parents wanted us to always wear comfortable walking shoes when we would spend all day at the park. They had our best intentions in mind but I always wanted to wear sandals or flip flops. For some reason I was just mortified that I had to wear sock and tennis shoes with my shorts.

Then when I attended beauty school for a year and a half, they had a dress code. What, really? Aren't we all adults? Well, sadly in beauty school or at least the one I went to had to have rules and lots of them. Unfortunately, one of them was that we had to wear socks and closed toe shoes. Ugh, socks, every day 5 days of week. And if you didn't wear socks or had open toes shoes, they would send you home to put them on. I lived 30 minutes away from school, so I followed the rules and wore socks, until I got Ugg boots for Christmas. You can't wear socks with Uggs because your feet will get way too hot. So I would wear my boots and no socks and it was a slice of heaven in beauty school.

Fast forward to today. I get to make my own decisions and don't have a dress code I have to abide by so I choose not to wear socks ever. I love leggings. I love my Ugg boots and slippers. I love my new Barefoot Merrills which means I don't even need to wear socks now when I wear my running shoes! I love ballet flats and high heels. I love getting pedicures during the winter and showing off my "summer" toes.

I am thankful for where I am at in life that I don't have to wear socks!

(Side note: Maggie refuses to keep socks on her toes at this stage in her life. Not sure where she got that from. :)

1 comment:

Christi said...

You are such a rebel. And you have nice feet.