Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's November, therefore, I blog...

Well, it's November 1st and I always have really good intentions of getting back on the blogging wagon. But how many times have I said that? How many times have I said that is for another post? So I am committing again that for every day in the month of November I will post. Last year I did this for the first time and it was a great exercise. I posted random things and it was good for me. I was pretty pregnant and so having something else to focus on was a relief.

This year I have decided I want to do a thankful post each day. I know, so original, right? Well, I keep coming back around to this idea and I haven't ever done something like this. Some people are doing this daily on Facebook. I just feel like this would be a good idea for my current place in life. Perspective.

So here is my first one.

I am thankful for the deep, deep love of Jesus. I have had the words to song "How Deep the Father's Love For Us" running over and over in my head all week. I was reminded of this deep, deep love the Father has for us as I attended a memorial service for a good friend's dad. Just because we have heartache and hurt in our life, God still loves us like nothing else. His love is not dependent on what we do, who we are or the current circumstances in our lives. He loves us without any strings attached. We can't even truly fathom how much love He has for us. Another line in the song states "how vast beyond all measure." Our worldly minds are not capable of measuring but all I know it is amazingly deep.  Blows me away.

During the service his son sang a beautiful praise song and a line in that song caught my attention. "Before even time began, my life was in His hands." God knew where He was going to take this man and his family on this journey of life. He knew what was in store for each of them. God's love in their lives is evident in so many different ways. His love was and still is deep in their lives. What a truth they can hold on to.

I have been processing a lot of things since my daughter's traumatic birth in January and one thing I know for certain is that no matter the ups, the downs, the highs, the lows, the pain and the triumphs, God still and will always love me. He always has my back and I can always run to Him. 

So today I am thankful for that deep deep love.

No comments: