Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My mother-in-law

Each day I think all day long about something that I am thankful for on that day. Maybe it was the sunshine that peeked out, maybe it was the laughter we had as a family, maybe it was the yummy goodness I ate at some point. Well, today is Tuesday and my 'Monday' but as I headed back to work and my kids headed off to Nammie's house, I was thankful for her presence in their lives and her willingness to watch our kids so that I can work.

AJ's mom watches our kids 3 days while I work. Two of those days she also has their cousin. I watch him on Mondays for about 4 hours and it is tiring. But Lori does this and is so amazing with the kids. She laughs and plays with them. She reads them books and lets them take baths in her huge Jacuzzi tub. She takes them to the park and on walks. They play with playdough, color and do all sorts of fun, amazing things.

Often times, Porter will say something or talk about something and we can't figure out where he picked it up. A few days later I will ask Lori about it and she would say, "Oh yay, I taught Porter that," or "we talked about that the other day." It is awesome to see how she interacts with the kids and pours so much in to their lives.

I am not complaining or saying anything new, but I would rather be at home. Since that is not where God has us right now, I am SO thankful that I am able to work and that Lori is willing to invest in their lives. Thank you, Nammie!

No comments: